Danish blue...

Hello Tuesday, my muse today is Danish blue. These beautiful delicate intricacies of cobalt blue painted on white. Every time I see a plate or bowl with this signature pattern I check the base to see if it's Royal Copenhagen - just out of habit! This is what I grew up with; watching the plates being meticulously hand-painted in the studio in central Copenhagen, my Mum would always take me to see.  To me it's so utterly Scandinavian and makes me also remember my Grandmother - my Mormor - whose house was full of curious art and Danish heirlooms mixed amongst the modern furniture. Especially this time of year with the Georg Jensen Christmas decorations; for me it's a slice of childhood nostalgia...


Georg Jensen advent crown



Georg Jensen star

via Space for Inspiration
Royal Copenhagen