So I Think I Can't Dance

I wouldn't consider today's outfit really a typical "Lisa look," but I got it in my head this morning that I wanted to wear two specific pieces and all the closet griping and head scratching couldn't get the thought out of my mind (tell me I'm not the only person this happens to) so I acquiesed and put together something along the lines of an outfit, loosely.

I drifted towards this top at my local H&M because it is a beautiful pale pinky/nudy shade of ballerina pink and it reminded me mildly of the Anthro Free Flow tank. And I thought by layering this necklace over the top, it would make take the pink away from my face a bit (i.e., make me look less like death warmed over). The cardi was a must as I get cold every time the temp dips below 65 degrees (I'm such a chill chicken!) and I braved skinnies today to complete my look.

My fave new acquisition? This gorgeous necklace from White Owl on Etsy. They make really fabulous jewelry out of vintage lace and I've been eyeballing their stuff forever. This necklace is so light and seemingly easy to wear that I may have go back for more ...



 

Top: H&M (now in stores - similar online here or Free Flow-like here or with black here)
Sweater: J. Crew marled wool cardigan (worn here before - similar-ish online here or here, fringy here)
Jeans: Forever 21 skinny (who else can sell jeans for $9.50?!)
Shoes: UO Kimchi Blue wingtip (worn here before - preppy version here, luxe here)
Necklace: White Owl via Etsy (sequin-y alternate here, blinged out here)

+++

Don't forget, please send in your fave J. Crew outfit for tomorrow's Respect the Outfits reader post! Show off your favorite spectacular Crew piece or how you like to wear Crew daily. Pics can be sent to respecttheshoes(at)live.com!