Caped Crusader and "Thank You, Santa"

I always feel like I am behind the ball on reviews because I don't get to head to my fave stores as often as I should (I can almost hear the BF snort with laughter in the background) and a lot of you fella blogettes already do such an awesome job with them. But I got a couple of requests to share more about my recent purchases so here we go:

♥  Anthro Cartonnier craftsmanship capelet : I think the original yellow color scheme sold out so quickly that I never even realized it was a piece from this season. I stumbled on this new colorway last week and immediately fell in lust. Then the little voice inside my head (the same one that tells my right forefinger to use the mouse to hit "submit" all the time) told me "go, go, go!" and well ...

This jacket feels like the softest wool blanket ever. There's not a bit of itchiness, and the jacket is fully lined. It is probably too light of a jacket to wear in most parts now, but may be perfect for the SE winters. As for sizing, I am usually a XS/S in Cartonnier and got this in the smaller size - there's still plenty of room for me to wear a sweater underneath and not feel like a mammoth.

My only critiques are that I wish the jacket was a few inches longer and the collar would stand up on its own better - other than that, I think in Anthro world, this is a deal at full price!

 

♥  Anthro Edme & Esyllte field skirt : I was hesitant to join the field skirt bandwagon at first because I didn't see a color I loved (OK, I didn't see it in a color I didn't already have in a similar style) - and the yellow came out and I almost jumped on it, except I couldn't figure out what to pair with it. But that is another reason why I love this little corner of blogdom because you gals all started wearing your field skirts and filling my head with pretty ideas!

I agree with the online reviews that this skirt is less full than the circle the globe skirt from this summer. It is unlined but the corduroy is enough of a fabric that I didn't feel too light for the weather. I got my usual size 2 and I think the fit is good if not a tad large. I wasn't bothered enough by the fit to go smaller though but you gals may want to try your normal size and one down. The length hits me perfectly too (I'm 5'2" or 5'3" on a good hair day) and I am always a sucker for pockets.


♥  Forever 21 faux fur collar coat : I actually ordered this a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to wearing it yet. I am a big fan of the faux fur look but too much of a chicken to go "full faux fur." This furry collar was a nice compromise for me, and the collar buttons right off if I'm just not feeling it.

This is another piece that isn't that wouldn't make it into regular NYC winter rotation but I love the 3/4 sleeves and length - perfect for wearing with skirts or dresses. It also has two cute front pockets and two black pleats. As for sizing, I got my normal size S and the fit is perfect - though if you planned to wear any warm layers underneath, I would recommend going up a size.


♥   ♥   ♥   ♥

The fabulous do-it-all mom / teacher / deal finder extraordinaire Peggy recently organized a blogger Secret Santa and I was lucky enough to get paired with modernmom, another do-it-all mom and fella fashion addict. Here's what modernmom got me, from one of my fave stores (hm, how did she know ...) :


Thanks so much for your wonderful note and great gift, modernmom! I hope you enjoy what I got you - happy holidays!