Things of Christmas beauty...

So many things of beauty at Christmas time. For me Christmas Eve is all wrapped up in Danish tradition as my little family makes the pilgrimage to my Mum's house for traditional 'Danish dinner'; roast duck stuffed with apples and prunes, caramelised potatoes and red cabbage! It is the absolute taste of a Danish winter for me and it is so deeply rooted in everything I associate with Christmas. And now, as I did as a child, the Boos look forward to it (mainly because they get to open gifts early in accordance with the Danish tradition!)

What does Christmas mean to me? After the weeks of planning, buying, wrapping I do wonder what is it all for? The consumerism of this time of year has bothered me more this year than most. Yet I have participated in it willingly along the way. I long for simpler times but then simultaneously feel so blessed that we have the life we have and can revel in this family time of year, unencumbered with woes.

I lead a happy life; one that I think shows on this blog. My good friends do say I put on the 'Lou show' for the blog and it can border on all-too-perfect. I agree; the reality is never that way but atleast at Christmas time I can believe and just sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labour.

We'll be at home, with family, trying to sleep in on Christmas Day to a sensible time whilst the children wake and feel that unmistakable rustle of paper in stockings at the foot of their bed. There is just nothing like that sound...


Pretty, star-like party dressing...

cintia dicker snow Pictures, Images and Photos
...the beautiful Cintia Dicker...
Can you hear the bells? We've been reading 'Polar Express' and 'The Night Before Christmas' all week...so exciting.


via it's mary ruffle
via dress, design, decor
Getting out our best china...



Candy canes, brown paper and string...






Winter warming wool...

via for chic sake
Carluccio's panetonne...Italy's finest.
 

Shimmering, sparkling perfection...

...the beautiful Christina Hendricks...
Two faces at the window...the Boos come tonight, I love this painting by Christian Birmingham.


Candle-light and fireside...


Something sparkling and blue under the tree?


Or natural and wholesome; either way...

via crush cul de sac


What can I say? 
Have the happiest of times this Christmas...
be back soon!

Ready for a new year of lovely giveaways...