Things of beauty...

What a week! The country hit by snow; on our little coast, the temperatures have plummeted to minus zero for days. We are so not used to this! Of course the country ground to a standstill and I found myself snowed in, kids off school and keeping our wood burner going all day just to try to stay warm! On days like these I am glued to the internet; tracking life happening outside my window and I remind myself again and again - what would I do without that contact?

My little blog has been hanging on in at number six in the Best Blog votes - I am staggered that you all went back and voted again - very chuffed that I have this lovely support. There is another round to go - eeek - but let's see how it goes before I beg of you again! Suffice to say, THANK YOU so much! MWAH!

It is our wedding anniversary this weekend - eleven years! I wish I could post a picture of our wedding day but they are old school photographic prints rather than digital so I'm afraid I can't. I love wedding anniversaries; and this is always a special time of year for me; the combination of festive advent and memories of our wedding day. It was a crisp, sunny winter's day and when it got dark we had candles everywhere, fires blazing, a complete fest of twinkly lights.


Martha Stewart
This weather calls for heart-warming soup like this...


Celebrating marriage this weekend...with a kiss and a look...


We were lucky enough to get married in Goodwood House, which at the time had just become a wedding venue. We have the same picture as this taken from the Minstrels Gallery in the ballroom in our album. Just makes me smile to look at - so opulent, it was unreal.




Love this whole outfit...this is my kind of look.

via that kind of woman

It breaks my heart to look at this, but it's such a beautiful image; Natasha Richardson just months before she died. This is part of an exhibition called 'My Safe Place' in aid of the Helen Bamber Foundation and her safe place was in Liam's arms...

by Nick Haddow






Also part of the Safe exhibition - Keira - she keeps coming up in my favourite images of the week.


This just says it all for me...


A bouquet of doorknobs! I love the quirkiness of this!


Marion Cottilard




via Everything Fabulous


It's going to be a good, sentimental weekend...