Downtime...

I am unwell! Ugh...like clockwork I have this every year; my body has a way of telling me to slow down. I've got tonsillitis. It's a warning sign to take some time out as I am running too fast at everything, all the time. Somethings gotta give...

Photobucket
via everything fabulous from Rue magazine

Funnily enough this morning, after I had accepted I would be spending a couple of days in bed on antibiotics, I got a delivery of a book that I forgot I ordered. It's written by someone I consider a friend - Tania Kindersley and her colleague Sarah Vine, it's called 'Backwards in High Heels'. There is a blog of the same name. Getting this book, today of all days, is like the literary equivalent of finding lost money in pockets. My plan is to lay in bed and read it cover to cover and not feel guilty!

Do you get the same thing? A warning sign to slow down? Any advice on how to catch it early would be greatly appreciated!