Things of beauty...

Thank goodness for modern medicine! I am starting to feel much better now, thanks to a day of rest and crucially doing nothing. The sun has been shining and it feels like summer, let alone Spring! As I type, Boo is outside in the garden, lying on a blanket in jean shorts and a vest, reading 'Harry Potter'. Boo 2 is watching 'Scooby Doo' on repeat...oh, the joys of school holidays. So what else?

I have taken heed of advice and I pledge to try to slow down the pace of life for a few days atleast, regain my strength in readiness for a forthcoming birthday (yep, my boy will be 6!) and family Easter celebrations.

Oh and I read the book - near enough cover to cover; and it did what all good books should do: it made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me nod my head in recognition and it made me think. Perfect.

via where is the cool?
Marion Cotillard by Raymond Meier

Love this print...it's on order so that I can have it as a constant note to self:

via jones design company

photograph by Paul Graham via dust jacket attic

by Period Living

Spring-like ballet shoes in many variations...

via audrey hepburn complex, art by Caitlin Shearer

via the bottom of the ironing basket
This food and photography blog Canelle et Vanille is just a feast for the eyes...

Photograph by Aran from Canelle et Vanille

Photograph by Elizabeth Messina

by sweet berry me
Fabulous chair...

photograph by Adrian Briscoe from house to home

I like this shot of Molly Ringwald; she looks very comfortable in her own skin...

...Molly Ringwald...

by jcrew
Beautiful brown-eyed Olivia P...

Olivia Palermo via the vogue diaries

Happy Friday everyone!