The Mad Plaidder

I would like to say that I am typically a pretty laid back person, at home as well as at work. Granted the people who have to work with me may have differing opinions, but I think with age, I think I've learned to stress less about things and just "expect" there will be change, grimace, then deal with it.

So I'd like to say that there are few people that I work with who rub me the wrong way. Actually until recently, none. So it was kind of surprise even to me when someone I have to work on a project with made me livid. And this may also be the first time I've ever even used "livid" to describe a personal emotion. But there it was, a sick to my stomach, heart palpitating, eye crossing, if-said-person-was-right-in-front-of-me-at-that-moment-I'd-pummel-them feeling.

Now I won't go into the gritty details, but I went from working with someone who was almost a second version of myself - in a good way - to another person who likes to move ahead with things without getting approvals on them (already reprimanded). Who likes to use ! ad-nauseum and J in e-mail communications with senior-level members (ignored with a grimace). Who is so darn perpetually cheery that she almost makes you feel like a grump for living - and who my boss passes off to me so he doesn't have to deal with her (sigh). Who works in an area where writing skills are a requirement but who does not seem to have any (completely redlined one of her docs).

And no, she does not work for me, or even work in the same company as I do, so there's little ability to really sit down and talk things through. And yes, I know she means well and is a nice person. So at this point, I vascillate between grinning and bearing it until this project is finally through, telling myself that I I need to work on my tolerance levels, and being up on her stuff like a sprinkle on a cupcake.

How do you gals deal with difficult people at work (or in life)? And what kind of people do you consider to be "difficult?"

IMG_2804

IMG_2809  IMG_2828

IMG_2819

Dress: Lands' End Canvas pleated tartan (now on sale - more cas version here)
Belt: H&M double buckle (worn here before - similar here or here)
Bracelets: Old Navy enamel / J. Crew studded (similar here and here)
Shoes: Seychelles ring in the new year / Anthro raines (worn here before - similar here or here)