Before and after...


BOO! 
How do you like my new look?

My new blog design and 'button' was done by Penny Lane Designs. Marina is super-professional, patient and very accommodating (not to mention being a technical and creative wizard) and the end result: I am liking it :-)

I always enjoy a 'before and after' story, a make-over if you will. Like in 'The Devil Wears Prada' where she emerges from the heavenly, secret 'Runway' vaults as a fashionista. Or in 'Working Girl' where she cuts her hair off and heads out to a corporate cocktail party in a borrowed dress. Or in 'Breakfast Club' where the 'prom queen' puts fresh make-up on the 'basket case'...now I am really showing my 1980's roots...

So here is a before and after from my house. I had some comments asking to see what the farmhouse was like; I am a little coy as I am no interior designer...

We bought the house 5 years ago. This 'before' photo was taken the day we viewed the house. We didn't really have any intention of buying it, as it was way over our budget. But something happened that day and what can I say? We had to have it.

I now look at the 'after' shot and think does it really look that different? Really when you see it every day its hard to judge.

This is the oldest part of the house, we think over 300 years. This prospect really freaks me out if I let myself think about it, if I consider how many people must have lived and died here in that time! When we took the fireplace out we uncovered the original hearth and it had a hook for hanging cooking pots, so at one time this room was the kitchen. Bizarre. Where I watch TV, at one time someone was boiling stuff up in a big pot. Anyway...

BEFORE



Fast forward a few years and here it is, this was taken a few months ago and my, the cleaning fairy must have been that day! ;-)

AFTER