Things of beauty...a distraction

Ouch. I am trying to take my mind off tooth ache...another visit to the dentist today...another procedure...now the numbness has worn off I have the insistent throb back. Grrrr. From the sublime to the ridiculous, I also had a gorgeous, lovely, utterly relaxing two hour massage/reflexology combo this morning! It feels like that was a lifetime ago but while it lasted...it was divine.

So some things of beauty to look at. A random selection today to match my head space.

I love this image - so decadent, of course I lounge around like this all the time! This is what I should have done today after my massage...


A Portuguese door...how I love them. We will go in August for three weeks!! Counting the days until some proper relaxation.


 I have shoe envy...and a June wedding for which I need to find footwear...


'Mother and Daughter' by Jessie Wilcox Smith. My daughter Boo has been an utter sweetheart today, helping with chores as I have a bad tooth.


Love Lady's Mantle...the green sprig...


Kate Moss with plaits...how I wish I could create this sort of do...


Likewise this french plait...I just can't do them! Let alone to tie in ribbons...



I fell in love with these whilst passing through Copenhagen airport - great shops - they are Stelton special edition with Paul Smith. They are a Danish icon - normally they have a black handle, so this is positively avant-garde!


White picket fence Danish-style...this house is on the lake where my Aunt and Uncle live. I hope the owners don't mind that I 'borrowed' a photo...


I took this photo yesterday when I took the children to West Dean, a beautiful place near here where they had this spring display. So, so pretty...