Cat in the Hat

So when the Eugenia Kim for Target collection came out, I bit the bullet and decided to purchase my first non-baseball cap hat - ever. Really. I thought the simple floral fedora number was neutral enough to go with everything and would work well for my new favorite hobby - lounging around the back deck of casual restaurants on lazy Sunday afternoons listening to the band and nursing a cold one (or twenty).

Unfortunately I am so unfamiliar with hats that it took me a while to figure out how the heck to even wear this thing (I am not even joking). And I'm not sure if this hat is even sitting right on my head - but I sure am glad it fit my big round noggin.

Me trying to be arty.

Just me.

And my 30% off Loft order also came in the mail today so I decided to discard of my boring outfit immediately and instead doff some of my new apparel. What do you ladies think? Are the shoes and dress keepers?


Note about the dress - it is a light-weight poplin so it is really easy and breezy.
Unlined but not sheer. And it's got pockets.

Problem is it is also a pullover style that is only smocked on the sides - so I kind of had a heck of a time
taking it back off past my apparent man-shoulders.

The shoes aren't really my style. But I think they're fun.
But I'm also a big klutz, so the height issue is a wee concern ...

Hat: Eugenia Kim for Target Fedora with Flower Applique
Necklace: Anthropologie Double Torsade
Dress: Ann Taylor Loft poplin striped
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft studded wedge (weird web site - part of the time the half sizes don't show up - but they're there!)