Why Boo?

When my daughter was born, we were convinced 'it' was going to be a boy. And his name was going to be Max. This was around the time of 'Gladiator' - so my husband really wanted to have a Maximus. I didn't mind all that much (I was just flushed with the prospect of impending motherhood), but must admit it never occurred to me that we might not have a Max. Then - we had a girl! About-change, new name needed. For some reason calling her by her name didn't stick and so we started, inexplicably calling her 'Boo'. I couldn't tell you why or what prompted it. There was a lot of 'peek-a-boo' going on in those early months but not to such an extent that I could recall it resulting in a life-long nickname...

And so it persisted. Friends and family have always called her Boo. People comment on photos of her and say things like 'that is so...Boo'. That name defines her. Sometimes its Booey; sometimes Boo-ba-doo. Always Boo. Poor child...she is going to be like Baby in 'Dirty Dancing'...

'No one puts Baby (replace with Boo) in the corner'
So now, not only saddled with the name for life, but also immortalised in a blog name aswell... ;-)