A Dotty Day

I am sure PALE. Really pale. It looks really bad/mildly reflective when I stand in the sunlight. If they need a Bella Swan body double for any of the kissing scenes with Edward for the next Twilight movie, I've got the pale part down (I just watched New Moon yesterday so I've got vamps and wolves dancing through my head. And is it bad I actually got teary-eyed at one point?)

I did purchase some Nivea moisturizer/sunless tanner but only managed to turn the tops of my feet orange. My legs seemed to have reflected any tanner away, and I've been using this stuff for a week now.

And what sucks is that I freckle easily, so more time in the actual sun just means more connect-the-dots freckles on my face. Not cute. I can see why people get spray tanned before going to the beach now.

What do you lovely ladies do when it's time to bare limbs? At this point I just grin and blind people.


I tried some pics in the sunlight but I was so bright that it was almost as if I sparkled.
But think more purely blinding and less twinkly and magical.


Dress: Ann Taylor Loft Dotty Blossoms (worn here before)
Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie (worn here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Mossimo wedge sandals from Target

Yesterday I tried the spaghetti alla carbonara from Saveur magazine. The recipe was simple and delicious but really really rich - a little goes a long way. What can go wrong with cheese, eggs and bacon? I added in some fresh basil for extra flavor.