Classic Checked Chinos



Feeling vaguely Maggie Gyllenhaal from Mona Lisa Smile today. If only I could achieve her perfectly tousled curls.

Top: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here and here before)
Skirt: J. Crew chino back-tie (worn here before)
Shoes: Keds Spright wedges (worn here and here and here before)

First, great big THANK YOU goes out to Prettyface! I was the lucky one to be picked to win her Anthro giveaway! I did literally look like Macauley Caulkin when he screamed into the mirror in Home Alone when I saw the post. If you haven't checked out her lovely blog yet, Not Just A Pretty Face, please do!

Second, I got my Sam Edelman Kasi wedges in and I actually really really like them. For their height, they are comfy and really light (plus they're like 40% off right now - yes, I am easily tempted). If anyone else is looking for a high platform wedge, I recommend these!


But alas for me, they're going back. There's not much ankle support there and my klutzy self in these shoes in public would certainly turn into GA's first wedge sandal-related fatality. Sorry to take full advantage of your free shipping and returns policy, Endless, but I had a brief misguided moment of thinking I was cooler and more coordinated than I really am. Le sigh.


Finally, I forgot to post a pic of my roasted shrimp cocktail from weeks ago. They turned out really well and was super-easy to make (if you choose not to peel and devein your own shrimp, it is even easier - what can I say, I like food prep). Find the recipe here - thanks, Ina Garten!