The Space in Between

Hi Ladies! I'm in between biz trips and it's been so nice to have the weekend at home and to get some sleep! Plus an opportunity to pack in some fresh clothes for next week since I did a lousy job packing for the Netherlands. And a chance to catch up on the MTV Movie Awards, RHONY Reunion show and Bethanny Frankel's spin-off.

First off, here are my OOTDs for this weekend - my first real experience of hot ATL summer! Say I just say "UGH?!"


Top: slub tee from Target
Skirt: Xhiliration from Target
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Finch wedges
Necklace: Laila Rowe


Top: Gap cotton cable-knit sweater
Shorts: J.Crew cotton poplin gingham (no longer online - check stores)
Necklace: J. Crew glass cylinder
Bracelets: Old Navy & J. Crew
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks Finch wedges

I also decided to completely repack with appropriate biz-cas attire - somehow this all will manage to fit into my bag (and I guess I rely heavily on the black when packing for work?):


Somehow this weekend, between the food shopping, lunches out and retail therapy, I managed to spend way too much money in two days but did get some awesome shoes:

(I lived in the tan pair all weekend and they required no breaking in - LOVE!)


And I am inches away from purchasing this stuff (I'm so weak, I know - dang you, free shipping):

(Anyone have any ideas how this fits?
I'm thinking of getting the S to accommodate my football player-size shoulders)


Lastly, BF and I decided to stuff ourselves silly with dinner tonight - some filet from the butcher, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, a baguette and Ina Garten's roasted shrimp cocktail. I'll post pics later if it all turns out.

That's it in a nutshell. Sorry I've been so inconsistent with the posting and reading all your blogs! It'll be back to the regular-scheduled programming by the end of this week, though I am going to be good and track my work outfits since I don't need to be in suits all week.