Things of beauty...

Hello readers...Friday could not have come quick enough in my household; it's been the longest of weeks! Don't I say that every week? Friday is always such a lovely milestone for all of us after the working and school week. It's strange, when I put together my 'Things of beauty' posts (which have become a bit of a end-of-week tradition) I never work out beforehand what it will look like, I just search for the nicest of images that take my fancy and it just comes together. This week's offering:


Alexa Chung in the most eclectic of outfits...but as ever, she completely pulls it off.


It's raining outside as I type...wouldn't it be nice to just curl up with a cuppa tea and listen to the summer raindrops?


How awe-inspiringly beautiful is this table setting?! To sit with your own personal chandelier...fantastic! I love how the blue colour in the picture is actually coming from the twilight outside...


Gisele in Vanity Fair...


Serenity on the bedside table...

Atlanta Bartlett image
I have this colleague, who for some inexplicable reason, decides that every time I miss a little thing or make a risky decision, she will not let it go; instead she goes for the public flogging. It's such a shame! I want to just say to her, go easy, as we are all in this together...


I had an eye test this week...spectacles are a whole new area of potential shopping! Luckily my eyes have not worsened so I stuck with my existing frames and promised to wear them more!


Desert flowers in milk bottles and jam jars...my favourite type of vase.

via 100 Layer Cake
My diamond-love persists, Tiffany's Blue Collection.



Dressing table serenity. I have always had a dressing table in my bedroom, right by the window just like this. Many an hour spent there, for one reason or another...usually with Boo sitting on my bed chatting to me as I get ready.


I just adore this tousled hair...

via 100 Layer Cake
French, sugar-coated blue door...


'Cornish Landscape' By Ben Nicholson painted in 1949.


This week has been hurry, hurry, rush, rush. I have not sat still for a minute; so this weekend that is my simple goal!