Games People Play




Here's yesteday's OOTD:

Shirt: Lands' End Canvas gingham poplin (worn here before)
Shorts: Anthropologie Hei Hei Heatwave (worn here before, and here for the plaid version)
Belt: J.Crew embossed
Bracelet: J. Crew studded bangle
Shoes: Franco Sarto

Weird note about me: I'm not big on making returns. Partly because I've lazy and don't want to head back to the store just to return something; partly because I'm cheap and don't want to pay for return shipping (well aware that I spent more money buying the item and will lose money if I keep and don't wear the item); and partly because I usually hem and haw about a purchase for so long that I don't even buy it unless I am pretty sure about it.

So it is unusual for me to need to return a bunch (my idea of a bunch) of stuff - but it is really just more evidence that I am a terrible impulse shopper.

Exhibit 1: I purchased the Left Coast Herb Field cardi from Anthro and tried it on for the first time at home - bad call. It is now completely sold out online and was a wish list item for me, so when I saw it in-store on Sunday, I snatched it up immediately (and thoughtlessly!) bought it.

I got the XS and it fit great in the sleeves, but the collar was a hot mess (to put it lightly). I couldn't make the jersey and silk trim lay in any fashion that looked remotely flattering. And honestly, for $88, I kind of wanted something a bit more substantial than a glorified jersey knit.

(However, you can see those who know how to rock their Herb Field cardis - Tippy and Kim and Rosa).

Exhibit 1.5: I also snagged the Molded & Melded tee on my visit on Sunday after finding it on accident on a shelf under a table. The tee was on my wish list and I got a XS - but when I tried it on at home, it was a little huge on me and kind of hung strangely due to the embellishments. Doomed for the returns pile? I'm still considering.

Exhibit 2: I ended up purchasing the steel blue Indigo by Clarks Finch wedges on a whim. The tan ones I have are awesome, so I considered getting a pair in another color. Well of course the steel blue ones were sold out in my size almost everywhere (and why does that make you want something more?!) ... until Zappos had a popback and I bit the bullet. Well hello, Clunkville!

Exhibit 3: For some reason returning the (already-superfluous) Clarks mentally made me think it was OK to hunt for another pair of wedges. And I am now making my first foray into the world of sky-high heels, and purchased the Kasi wedge from Sam Edelman (dang you, Endless, and your sandal super-sale).


I've seen this shoe on some other bloggers and thought they look super-hot. However I haven't even received them yet and I am already having buyer's remorse. Another pair of wedges? And potential ankle-twisters for a known klutz?! (Another thing I love about you, Endless and Zappos, is your awesome free returns policy).

The end story? Lisa = bad impulse shopper who is completely susceptible to the mental games of supply vs. demand. Don't be like me. :o}