Hearty Castle Boots

Here's a Sunday post McMedley for you ladies:

Over the weekend the lovely Kim from Anthroholic held a virtual party to celebrate her one year blogiversary. Here's what I "wore" to the lovely affair (check out all the other gals here):


Dress: Anthropologie Floreat Castle Lake (worn backwards, worn forwards before here)
Belt: Urban Outfitters (worn here, here and here before)
Shoes: Nine West Temani patent wedges (worn here and here before)

...

Like Pamela mentioned in a recent post, it feels mildly strange to be making fall purchases in the dead of summer. But I've already made a purchase for the dead of winter, and I guess I've now officially become an Ugg convert (Pam Anderson and I finally have something in common now, haha). They are so warm and comfy that I don't think that I would care if they don't look so good on me. Meet my furry new best friend, Desoto:


I had also purchased a pair of casual suede boots - Nine West Frollic boots. Within two second of opening the box I knew those shoes and I were never meant to be friends. Beware, ladies, these boots are really casual - as in the shaft is made up of unlined suede, so it is really wide and has absolutely no shape. So now, of course, I'm in a search for a comfy pair of brown boots for fall. Am considering the Frye Harness boots, but doubt I am biker-chic enough to pull them off (or wallet-rich enough) - you gals have recommendations?

...

Lastly, if you gals are looking for a quick and filling one-pot meal that even the kids will eat ('cause my BF ate it and had seconds, and he's got about the eating habits of a 4th grader), here's one for you gals - heartland beef and rice.

I made this a few days ago and originally found my recipe from the Desparation Dinners! cookbook, but luckily found a typed recipe list online. The only thing I changed about it was that I sauteed the onions and green peppers for a few minutes before adding the beef, used white cheddar, and then dotted our portions with some Sriracha hot chili sauce for some zing.