Things of beauty...

It's a big day; my children break up today for the summer. Who can believe another school year has passed? They have 'Speech Day' where annual prizes are awarded for everything from academics to cricket to ballet. Always a misty-eyed occasion for me...

This weekend we are at a friend's 40th - very much looking forward to kicking back with a Pimms, which I am pretty sure will be on the agenda! A chance to wear a new dress and some strappy sandals (despite the inclement weather that has descended!). Life seems to be easing up for me, finally...

I have been really touched by the comments left this week, so thank you for dropping by and leaving me your gems of wisdom. It never ceases to amaze me how this lovely blogging community can inform a topic with insightful analysis! How people have been compelled to say something, so many comments started with 'I just had to comment...' which I think it a real compliment.

Natalie Portman...just look at those eyes...


All paths lead somewhere...isn't this a whimsical tree-lined walk?


Delicate and striking at the same time...


This girl is just so natural and beautiful. I absolutely love these images...I have a soft spot for green eyes (and green dresses). The combination of ponytails and bicycles, pretty much nears perfection to me!


images via from me to you
Tiffany's key pendants in platinum and gold...




I want this chaise...quite badly. Not that it would go in my ramshackle cottage, but still...

Atlanta Bartlett
Cake happiness: baked goods wrapped in paper and string.


Summer loveliness...oh, for that view. I am longing for a sea-view and nothing to do but sit and watch. Maybe interspersed with reading a really good book and lovingly watching the Boos build sandcastles... ;-)


Lush, powdery tea roses in antique pewter pots...


Mint-adorned summer drinks...supped through a straw.


Laid-back dressing...can't beat it.


Blue-tinged posies and petals...

via 100 Layer Cake

'Girl with a Pearl Earring' painted by Johannes Vermeer, around 1665.




Wonderful decorations from the achingly lovely Emerson Made...


A free-flowing outfit...all of the elements of this are simple, I think she looks effortlessly great.


Balls of string...the utility quality of them is right up my street.

via it's mary ruffle
Have a great, big, smiling, happy weekend...