Ruffles With a Side of Shrimp

First, my OOTD - an easy peasy dress that made me feel kind of "pretty" all day. Ah, the girlifying effects of ruffles and lavender.



Dress: Gap (worn here before - maternity dress-look issue alleviated with belt)
Belt: Urban Outfitters (worn here and here before)
Shoes: Sofft Vivian (worn here and here and here before)

Second here's another easy recipe for your ladies: If you're a fan of shrimp and want to try a refreshing summer salad, I recommend Marth Stewart's shrimp remoulade recipe (can also be found in the July issue of Living). The sauce is made with Greek yogurt in place of mayo to be healthier, but it is still rich and zingy and it takes about five minutes to make.

For the shrimp, instead of the ole boiling method, I used this real easy recipe for roasted shrimp (I know I've posted about this before but the shrimp turns out really well). My only shrimp tip is not be careful not to overcook them. Fives minutes in the oven was perfect for medium-sized shrimp.

The whole thing took about fifteen minutes to put together and I ended up with a great appetizer for dinner. I ended up using the remoulade sauce as a side dipper in place of mixing it all together. The BF, a big fan of Thousand Island dressing of which the remoulade mildly resembles, gave this two saucy thumbs up. (So that's what win looks like for me, you guys can continue your eye rolls re: his manly anti-yogaisms).

Look, I even made the plate look pretty this time!