Black and Blue

I took a cue today from Amy, with her mad layering skills (see here and here) and decided on a first for me - a dress over a skirt. I'm not 100% this outfit works, but I am feeling IT - maybe it's the popped collar (that's just how I roll) or the flippy skirt, which is like a new puchase for me because it has languished unworn in my closet until I finally got it shortened recently.





Dress: Banana Republic cotton shirtdress
Skirt: J. Crew cotton striped
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Pine A Colada
Bracelets: Old Navy enamel
Wallet: Cole Haan patent leather slim continental

And if you didn't already know, the blog most of us affectionally call "the mothership" recently celebrated its 2nd birthday. And to honor the lovely Alexis, J. Crew is offering a special one-day birthday deal for Alexis and her loyal followers - 15% off and free shipping with no minimum. For more info, go to J. Crew Aficionada.

Thanks, Alexis! And thanks, J. Crew, even though this ultimately means you win again, as I joined in on the melee and got some stuff I really didn't need.