When the Cat is Away ...

Wow, it is kind of too quiet at home and kind of boring when the BF is away. The house suddenly seems too big and I wake up in the middle of the night hearing random noises I am sure I would have normally ignored. Plus cooking for one kind of sucks - though I have to admit I've been eating way healthier these past two days (Morning Star veggie burgers, I am addicted to you).

And though I am typically the neat freak of the house, suddenly when there is no one to keep the house neat for, there are dishes piling up on the sink ... the bed doesn't get made ... the laundry sits in the dryer ... crumbs collect underfoot. And it's just been two days, I know!

So I'm making myself get out of the house for a bit today for more than work-related items - lunch with a friend and then maybe a visit to Target (and maybe a random pair of Cynthia Vincent wedges to be found in my size, pretty please?).

For my OOTD, I took inspiration from this Anthro outfit set. I'm feeling pretty good about my outfit today, though I may end up having to trade in the belt - it keeps wanting to go up while the skirt keeps wants to go down (not a good look).

What do you ladies do (or not do) when the hubby/BF/roomie is away?



Top: Martin & Osa v-neck button-cuff tee
Skirt: Delicia eyelet from Alloy (worn here before)
Belt: Anthropologie City Safari (worn here before)
Shoes: Mossimo wedges from Target
Necklace: Etsy (worn here before)