Cow parsley...

Sunny day spent in the garden...largely in the hammock where I slept (yep really; I know, this relaxing thing is great: get me) with the faint noise of the children jumping into the paddling pool in the background. Our garden is a constant battle to tame nature. It is bordered by acres of arable farmland, today there were tractors galore, ploughing and sowing and watering. They make a nice hum in the background too.


My husband tries to stop the English hedgerow from infiltrating his garden (interesting that the garden is 'his', the house is 'mine'), but I spotted this cow parsley lurking in the border. I didn't mention it; he has enough to contend with with the mole that keeps making mole hills in his lawn...


Speaking of cow parsley, I have always loved this fabric by my fave Vanessa Arbuthnott. I stayed once in a barn conversion near Vanessa's house, it was for my sister in law's hen weekend. And whilst we frolicked about with champagne and hen night antics, I also spied this lovely decor and always remembered that English hedgerow feel about it...