Blue Jean Baby

Today I just wanted to be comfortable, so I broke back into my never-fail friend, the jean. Can I whine for a sec about how unhappy I've been since J. Crew decided to discontinue their petite sizing in denim? I've loved J. Crew denim for years and years and years, and their jeans (especially the Hip Slung cut) fit me like no other. I don't have colt-ish legs, but somehow in J. Crew jeans, it seemed like I did. Oh those magical sewing elves ...

However, in the past year or two, they did away with the petite sizing and I don't know about you ladies, but I don't consider a 31" inseam a Short size. Only with sky-high heels maybe, but now I'm relegated to hoarding the pairs I have and searching for gently loved ones on Ebay.

So in my huff, I decided to don my Ann Taylof Loft pair today - which fits fine - but is not the same (wistful sighing). And here's the rest of my OOTD - all oldies for me, but goodies. Nice reminder to self to shop my closet more often.

Whose denim do you adore and can't live without?




Sweater: J. Crew cotton metallic tunic (I forgot what this print was called, but remember manically ordering it when I first saw it online)
Tank: Gap
Jeans: Ann Taylor stretch bootcut
Shoes: Sofft Roma woven leather thongs (worn here before)
Bracelets: J. Crew skinny studded gold & Old Navy enamel blue
Belt: Ebay (worn here before)