Things of beauty...

Saturday afternoon. Drizzly day. Trying to get sorted (again!). My husband is cooking up a storm in the kitchen for tonight, when we have people for dinner. After a delightful ten hours of sleep last night I feel better today; more balanced. I was awoken by tractors ploughing the fields around our house and now they look like the soil has been sieved as if it were flour. So, some things of beauty...

Robin Wright-Penn, I think, is just beautiful and natural. In one of her films, 'Breaking and Entering', she has also the most lovely laid-back easy, linen wardrobe. She absolutely masters the 'stylish mother' look in that film. If ever I have a day where I think what to wear? I track back to that look; classic, easy, not too 'done'.


White-washed doorway...


Astley Clarke ring...


We are hosting a dinner party tonight...I'll of course be sporting a ruffled number just like this...err, or maybe not. My guests might think me a tad overdressed.


This is a photo of my table...lily of the valley from the garden. Even though I think it will just be a chilled-out dinner, I can't help making a pretty table...


When it boils down to it...


As one Boo will be away from tomorrow, we will spend Sunday with just my son. He needs to learn to ride his new bike...which will involve alot of running along beside him as he peddles, supporting him until it's time to let go...how apt. Can't help feeling this is a lesson I need to learn this weekend.


I think this wedding dress is wonderful - fretwork lace...by Braedon Photography.


'St Ives' by Ben Nicholson. I really like this Cornish scene.