Shoe love...

A subject close to my heart and already talked about in this post here...what more can I say about shoes? Umm, I wear them every day. I am fiercely loyal to them. I covet certain types. They feature in my blog name. Shoes and I? We are like peas and carrots.

So when Thatgirl39 at Forty not out sent me a 'Hello Lover' shoe tag, I got rather excited. Then I had some angst...picking favourites is a tricky business; someone is always bound to feel left out. Anyway here are my faves, some belong to me and some do not (maybe one day...)

When I started following The Sartorialist last summer, almost every shot he took showed gladiator heels. I went on a mission...I wanted some...they sadly don't have much opportunity to feature in my lifestyle (too much for Mummy, too much for work)...but I love them...


And of course Carrie's version...more of her later...


These are my lovely friend E's; she wore them on her wedding day. The deserved to be photographed in the pre-wedding build-up. Love, love, love...


 This was the first picture I ever put on my blog...I have a thing for red shoes...


Always searching for the perfect pair of red ballet shoes - Olivia P favours these, as do I.


This is Giovanna Battaglia - who I have posted on before. I have a proper style crush on her. These shoes I love - I think they are Prada. Infact this whole outfit rocks my world in a 'I could actually wear that in my real life' kind of way. Of course I also frequent pretty Italian streets just like this one.


When I first saw these Valentino shoes I got a little bit breathless...hand made, one-of-a-kind...frothy delight.


So picture the scene, I am in Las Vegas, in the Fashion Mall, perusing cowboy boots, all caught up in the Vegas vibe. I have never in my life owned a pair but if I did they should look something like this: Elvis style. I then came to my senses and decided...maybe not... ;-)


The cowboy thing persists but I should go with something more understated like these gorgeous handmade Penelope Chilvers ones which I covet every winter and so far have not purchased...


They had to feature...Carrie's wedding day beauties. I also saw these in Vegas, in the Bellagio lobby...I cradled them lovingly and then put them back...sigh.


And while on the theme, this episode of SATC I always really liked. Especially how she puts what are basically party shoes (in most womens' book), with loose trousers and a white blouse. God bless Patricia Field.


Finally, as if we could take much more, this image captures how I feel about shoes. Nestled in their own plush velvet seat...a thing to be admired. Anyone over the age of 12 who wears Crocs, when there is such shoe beauty in the world, you should be ashamed of yourself!


OK so I listed more than seven shoes..but what's one or two more between friends?! Now as I have been catching up on awards lately, I will pass this on to just two other blogs who I suspect might share the shoe love:

Brynn @ Life is a Runway
Sophie @ The Littlest Things