Never Say Never


I hate when people make me go back on my word. I never thought that I would be wearing denim with denim. But here I am rocking the look. I still kinda loathe certain washes of denim together but atleast I'm coming around. Here is my version of the double denim trend.  I wore something a little different to work but my date insisted asked that I stuff my face with sushi for dinner with him...so this is what I threw together.
I go through phases with my clothes. I'll be really into something and do it to death and then I'm over it. A few years ago, I was all about the fedora and had to have one in every color. Once the phase was over, it's over. For some reason, I'm back into hats again so I dug this hat (a la' Kyla) out of the closet.
Here is a conversation I had with one of my female students today. I teach high school.

Student: Ms. G, why is your shirt buttoned up so high?
Me: *blank stare* Ummm, because I'm at work?
Student: Yea, but can you atleast unbutton one more button?
Me: Boo, if I did that your Papi' would be calling me Mami'.
Student: Huh?
Me: Never mind. Don't worry about my clothes!

Fedora: (old...from a vintage shop I think)
Denim Shirt: Goodwill $3
Belt/Paperbag skirt: Target
Shoes: Pour La Victoire
Louis Vuitton Sac Plat
Earrings: F21
Bracelet: Urban Outfitters


(Here is my inspiration for today's outfit: Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 Collection)

What is something you swore you would NEVER wear but find yourself atleast "leaning" in that direction again?

 For me, it's double denim. I draw the line at Jellies and Crocs. That will never happen...EVERRRRRRR!!!!!!