Castle in the Clouds

I think the talk of our little corner of fashion blogging is all about the Anthropologie semi-annual type sale that started today. Unfortunately I can't make it to a store this week, but did the "obligatory" on-line browsing and picked up a few items (Silver Lining Dress, A Rose Is A Rose Tank, City Safari Belt and the previously much sought-after Berry Bush Tights in black - for $5? OK).

So what goodies did you ladies manage to snag? Is the sale everything the hype made it out to being?

Also, if you're not completely Anthro'd out yet, here's a belated OOTD for you gals from last week - I had my eye on the Castle Lake Dress since it first appeared on the Anthro web site. But I resisted. I was even good when it finally went on sale about two weeks ago. Then I saw it on Spiffy (and then Audreybella, not the mention the reviews from a cadre of other bloggettes when the dress first came out) and got all googly-eyed about it again but by then the web was out of my size. Oh well.

Then I was cruising through Ebay and saw it pop up like some sort of fashion unicorn - brand new, in my size, from a reputable seller, for $40. So even though I had doubts on whether or not the dress was too long for me or would even look good on me (blah, blah, blah), I clickedty-clicked my way through that purchase as the third person to even look at that posting.


And it actually fits. And though I think I need to wear a cardi over it (need to work out the ole shoulders and arms, people), I really like the dress. I actually swished and twirled my way from room to room for a while, thankful that BF wasn't at home to witness the flash of fashion madness.


Dress: Anthropologie Floreat Castle Lake
Belt: Urban Outfitters Deena & Ozzy stretch
Shoes: Sofft Vivian patent leather slingbacks

OK, now I am officially (temporarily) Anthro'd out.