Medieval Schoolgirl

My BF is a lucky duck and he flew out yesterday to go to Prague on business (you don't even need to say it, I am already thinking it). Lucky for me, his trip is a short one and he'll be back in time for us to spend our extended weekend together.

He did leave it to me though, to plan some local outings for us when he gets back, so we don't just waste another weekend with mindlessness, so I am excited about that ... except that I don't know of any fun outings (I need to go to Anthro to return something - does that count?).

I ended up doing some light online searching and seems like there's a Jazz Festival going on (jazz is kind of meh for me) ... and ... and a Renaissance Festival? Is that for-reals? Like bestill my fluttering true medieval nerdy King Arthur DOES exist heart - or just gaggles of two-bit Robin Hood wannabes carting cotton candy in a plastic tub?

Can any of you gals in the ATL area recommend any cool day trips or events going on this weekend?

Here's my OOTD. Not sure how I am feeling about this look - it seems a little too sweet for me, but I do like the top (thanks, sis) and am wearing my almost-never-leaving-my-feet sandals. Is it because this outfit mildly reminds me of a schoolgirl uniform?



Baubly.

Top: Ann Taylor jeweled bib sweater
Skirt: J. Crew cotton striped (worn here and here before)
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction Pine-A-Colada