Things of beauty...

Long, long week, the one that has just passed. My husband has been away all week, climbing that corporate ladder again, so it's been the Boos and I, home alone. It has its upside; easy meals, quiet nights, no wet towels left on the floor ;-) But Monday to Friday seems like a long stretch and I want him home now. It is bank holiday weekend and we are spending one night away with friends; a group affectionately called 'Cottage Club'. We are staying overnight in a local place - less than 5 miles from home but crucially it's away. Good friends, good food. Freedom from the everyday.

I think I hit a friendly nerve with yesterday's post and we are all in vehement agreement that life is too short for all that malarkey. Thanks for all the lovely comments, as ever it's a marvel to me how many kind people there are out there ready to say hello. 

Boo swam in a swimming gala yesterday and I was awfully proud as her little lithe body slipped through the water like a fish. I know I am biased but she is just so cool and beautiful.

Here are some more things of beauty...I like to ponder on a Friday...

Natalia Vodianova...looking ethereal.


Milkshake and cookies...


A verdigris door handle...


'Apples and Biscuits' painted by Paul Cezanne


Kate Hudson just always looks like she is great fun. Like she'd be a interesting friend to have....


Georg Jensen diamond pave bracelet watch...


Pillowy pink roses...


These are scenes we will all come to know and love I'm sure; this is from SATC 2 but it caught my eye because SJP just does this hairdo so well! There really aren't many women whose features would take this pulled-back look. I also love the necklace. Funny that I choose this picture and so did a good friend of mine in blogland - making the same points about the hair and the necklace! Must work on my originality but it did make me smile after yesterday's post about parallel posts!

Scenes from Michael Patrick King s Sex and the City 2


Wallpaper heaven...it's wonderful how the rooms just open into each other and the wood floor just sets it all off...

via it's mary ruffle

Boo slept in plaits last night so she would have curls for a school show today...


How pretty is this table decoration? I love coloured wine glasses...if only I could get to plan a wedding all over again - same husband but just the chance to pick all these lovely details!


A view outside...more beautiful roses...



This photo print I bought from the lovely Natasha, who is a very talented photographer and blogger - this is her Etsy shop.  I am so delighted with this picture, I am going to find a great place for it in my house.


 It's half term, so I shall be trying to bake with the children (I know I always say that and in reality my Mum steps in and does it, but I am going to try!)...

via it's mary ruffle


I am completely addicted to Leah's thx, thx, thx I think she is a genius of little thoughts...I especially like this one: