Blooming Ikat




Top: Anthropologie Deletta Rare Bloom (worn here before)
Skirt: Xhiliration Ikat smocked from Target (worn here before)
Shoes: Arturo Chiang At-Thea peep-toes (worn here before)
Bracelets: Old Navy enamel bangles

So one of my must-have summer staples had been to find a great brown-tan leather wedge sandal I could actually walk in. I started this search about a week or two ago, and for some reason I had it in my head that my perfect pair was the Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges in cognac - which I was always pretty sure my chances on scoring a pair were next to nill. My closest Targets don't have them (nor had I ever seen them) and Ebay auctions for the wedges are stilling ringing up to $100 or more (I don't love any clothing or accessory piece enough to pay over retail for it, sorry).

Thus, after much hemming and hawing over five million and one similar-looking brown-tan sandals that ranged in price from ghastly to "is this just a sandal-making kit?", I finally ended up purchasing a semi-inspired-by looking wedge (think second cousin once or twice removed):

Indigo by Clarks Finch wedges (see them here, or here for less)

Not the same and not as edgy as the Vincent wedges, but I think this will be a nice neutral addition to my summer wardrobe (yeah, 'cause I needed more shoes), and the low platform height will actually be comfy nice and wearable.

And to all you ladies who can prance about confidently in your 4" and above wedges or chunky heels, I salute you - and I invite you to take at look at these (so pretty and on sale - my first choice had I not thought I'd break my dang ankles in them), these (also on sale, hello!) and these, if you're searching for hot pairs of summery platform wedges.

My next "great" summer fashion search: The Romper (da-da-dummmm ...) IF I can find the perfect flattering one that doesn't make me think toddlerville or "Pretty Woman 2010" - and IF I can get over the whole completely undressing to use the ladies room thing.

What are your summer must-haves?