A Rose on Safari

Another mildly hot and kind of ridiculously humid day in the south. If you haven't guessed it yet, I am not a huge fan of the humidity, especially after living in the high desert for a few years. Aside from the seemingly perpetually shiny face, a desire to take a shower every two hours and to lay about doing nothing, my hair tends also to take on a frizzy consistency (yes, Asians get frizzy hair too - or it might just be me ...)

So being kind of a heat wimp, I dressed for comfort and coolness today - my new favorite blouse, which after putting on I realized I would have gladly paid full price for (make more tops like this, Anthro!), and my new favorite jingly belt/modern-day fanny pack (it's got a tiny, mostly useless, zip compartment up front).

Not sure what I'm going to do when it really starts heating up around here. Stay indoors and just stare at the world through my windows?

What do you gals grab to wear when the weather starts really heating up?




Top: Anthropologie Edme & Esyllte - Rose is a Rose
Belt: Anthropologie City Safari
Skirt: Old Navy foldover jersey
Shoes: Nine West leather cut-out slingbacks